Linked Islands AB (“Linked Islands ”, “we”, “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy, integrity and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice sets out the types of personal data we collect, how we collect and process that information, who we may share it with in relation to the services we provide and certain rights and options that you have in this respect.
Who is responsible for our processing your personal data? Linked Islands AB is the legal entity which is the controller and therefore responsible for the lawful processing of personal data we collect. Linked Islands owns and operates the web site www.linkedislands.com
Personal data we collect
Primarily, Linked Islands collects personal data directly from you when you contact us. We collect personal data such as your name and your contact information such as your phone number, your e-mail address and your physical address. During a recruitment or an application for a consultant service, we may collect information about you from the references that you have provided.
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Identity and contact information, including your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number;
- Business related information, including information provided in the course of the contractual or client relationship between you or your organization, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you or your organization, and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to the service(s) for which you hired us;
- Employment related information, such as employment history, educational or professional background, job title and function, and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant for recruitment services;
- Preferences in receiving information, including your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, employment, job title and function, and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to informational services.
- Information given in surveys, including contact information, career information, work related preferences and other subject related information.
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data under the following circumstances:
- When you or your organization seek our services from us;
- When you or your organization provides, or offer to provide, services to us;
- When you correspond with us by e-mail or other electronical or physical means, or when you correspond directly with us, including conversation with our consultants or other staff, by phone or directly face-to-face;
- When you reply to one of our surveys;
- When you or your organization make a request or otherwise interact with our web page;
- When you attend our courses, seminars or other events, or signing up to receive other information from us;
- When making requests from your organization or other organizations with whom you have or had contacts with such as former employers and educational institutions, or from third party sources such as from publicly available records.
How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data (only) for the following purposes:
- To maintain adequate records of you,
- To administer and manage communication with you,
- To administer and manage our relationship with you as a subscriber of our newsletters or other informational services concerning services and solutions which is conveyed by us,
- To administer and manage our relationship with you as a recruit in our recruitment and interim service,
- To provide you with information and offers related to our services.
The above-mentioned purposes will be processed on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because it is necessary for us to do so to perform in accordance with a contract between you and us;
- Because it is necessary based on our legitimate interests;
- Because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations such as to keep records of our accounting or taxation purposes.
Disclosure and international transfer of your personal data
We may disclose or transfer personal data to parties which process personal data on our behalf in order for us to perform our services, e.g. to providers of IT-service and to parties which administrate our mailings. High levels of security and confidentiality is always considered when transferring your personal data.
We may share your personal data with:
- third parties including service providers we have retained in connection with the services we provide, such as consultants, mediators, experts and others like translators, education services, or other entities relevant to the service(s) for which you hired us;
- third parties including the accounting firm that manages our billing and bookkeeping;
We only collaborate with parties that process personal data within the EU/EEA. To the extent that your personal data will be transferred to a country outside the EU/EEA, not recognized by GDPR as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, such transfer will be covered by a framework recognized by GDPR and relevant authorities to ensure providing an adequate level of (such as the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
We will not keep your personal data longer than what is necessary with regards to the respective purposes of the processing. We will store your personal data for as long as you are a client, or for as long as it is necessary in order to determine whether a business relationship is established or not. Practically, this means that personal data will be sorted out when it is no longer up-to-date or necessary with regards to the purposes for which they were collected or if we have a legal obligation to store the data.
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we process about you. However, there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. If you want a copy of the data related to you that we process, please contact us.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and/or restrict the processing of your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us.
- Porting: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Erasure: You have the right to erase your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, or to seek a remedy through the courts.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting us using the contact information provided in this Privacy Notice. We may require that you provide an appropriate a proof of your identity, e.g. a copy of your ID card, or passport, or any other valid identifying document or service.
Links to other websites
In the event that our website includes links to third parties’ websites, webpages, or material published at a third party, please note that these links are for informational purposes only. Due to Linked Islands lack of control over such links, we are not liable for any of its content. Linked Islands is not liable for any loss or damages which may occur through a usage of these links.
How to contact us
For more information about our Privacy Notice or if you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
This Privacy Notice is applicable from 2020-03-09